The BEST Chocolate Chip Cookies…
I have tried several recipes for chocolate chip cookies, and while all of them were ok, none of them were ever even blog worthy. I found this recipe on one of my favorite blogs, Annie’s Eats. The recipe is originally from Baking Illustrated. This is by far the best homemade cookie I have tried! They are soft on the inside with just the right amount of crisp on the outside….. They were to die for straight out of the oven, but amazingly still good days later! Try them, you won’t regret it!!!
- 2 cups plus 2 tbsp. all-purpose flour
- ½ tsp. baking soda
- ½ tsp. salt
- 12 tbsp. unsalted butter, melted and cooled until warm
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg plus 1 egg yolk
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 ½ cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Adjust oven racks to upper and lower-middle positions. Preheat oven 325°
- Line two cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- Whisk dry ingredients (except sugars) together in a medium bowl; set aside.
- With electric mixer, or by hand, mix butter and sugars until thoroughly combined. Beat in egg, yolk, and vanilla until combined.
- Add dry ingredients and beat at low-speed just until combined. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Roll a scant half-cup of dough into a ball. Holding dough ball in fingertips of both hands, pull apart into two equal halves. Rotate halves 90 degrees and, with jagged surfaces facing up, place formed dough onto cookie sheet, leaving ample room between each ball.
- Bake, reversing position of cookie sheets halfway through baking, until cookies are light golden brown and outer edges start to harden yet centers are still soft and puffy (approximately 11-14 minutes). Do not overbake.
- Cool cookies on sheets until able to lift without breaking. Transfer to a wire rack to cool.
Filed under: Cookies | Leave a Comment