I stole this one from Shelly at Loves to Nom…. I was looking for a easy recipe to use up some ground beef, and of course this one jumped out at me because it was full of cheese. This really reminded me of the flavor of the infamous taco bake recipe, but without the mexican spice to it. It was quick and easy to make, and DH and I both liked it 🙂
- 3/4-1 pound of ground beef
- 2 1/2 cups of elbow macaroni (uncooked)
- 1 cup sour cream
- 4 oz cream cheese, softened
- half onion, diced
- 1 can tomato sauce
- Handfuls of shredded cheese (we used colby jack)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Cook the macaroni per package directions. Drain and dump into a 9×13 baking pan.
- In the meantime, brown ground beef with onion. Drain.
- Dump in the tomato sauce and cream cheese.
- Reduce heat and cook until cream cheese melts in. Mix in sour cream.
- Pour the mixture over the macaroni ( I mixed it all together at this point)
- Cover with handfuls of cheese
- Bake for 15 minutes, for bubbly brown cheese broil additional 2 minutes.
Filed under: Ground Beef | 2 Comments