Smoked Sausage Penne
My brother was over helping my husband with some project around the house, and I had to figure out something I could make him and my hubby for dinner. I found a package of smoked sausage in my fridge, and after some searching I found this recipe at Food.com. It was quick and easy, and really good too. Plus, it used ingredients I usually have in the house, so that helped!
- 2 cups uncooked penne pasta
- 1 lb smoked sausage or 1 lb fully cooked kielbasa, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed cream of celery soup, undiluted (we used cream of mushroom)
- 1 1/2 cups cheddar French-fried onions, divided
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1 cup frozen peas
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, brown sausage over medium heat for 5 minutes; drain.
- In a large bowl, combine milk and soup. Stir in 1/2 cup onions, 1/2 cup cheese, peas and sausage.
- Drain pasta; stir into sausage mixture.
- Transfer to a greased 13x9x2 inch baking dish. Cover and bake at 375 for 25-30 minutes or until bubbly.
- Sprinkle with remaining onions and cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, 3-5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted.
Filed under: pasta | Leave a Comment